The Wikipedia article for Arusha says it is "reputed as being one of the most pleasant cities in the world, due its exquisite, weather, location, beautiful countryside and lively music scene." It also calls it "the wonderous city of Arusha." Not that I disagree, but this might be an article that needs to be flagged for bias.
"Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject, so you know you are getting the best possible information." - Michael Scott
Saturday night we went to a nice Indian Vegetarian restaurant and a nice Indian cafe. Sunday we went to a Tanzanian but English church in the city. Pamoja is an interdenominational ministry that is involved with many different churches, so they tend to attend a variety of churches. I'm looking forward to going to a Swahili country church. In the afternoon we relaxed and went for a hike in these fields where you can see both Mt. Meru (which is close) and Kilimanjaro (which is farther), but it was cloudy so I'll have to go back on a clear day. The Sowers came for supper. Their first language is French because they come from the DRC and Rwanda, so I talked to them in French. I pretty much haven't talked in French for 8 years, it was fun. I was trying to explain the difference between me and 'un Eskimo.' It was a good weekend. This weekend we are going to the Usambara Mountains!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment